I have been a scrapbooker for many years - at least 10, if not more. My style of scrapbooking has changed over the years, but I have always loved capturing memories through pictures. This week I started an online class taught by Stacy Julian called Finding Photo Freedom (FPF). One of the first goals in the class was to come up with our "EQ" or "enough quotient". In the spirit of keeping things real, here is my current EQ for this class and my scrapbooking in general.
Weekly
- Get my camera out each day to capture moments in our life
- Spend two 15-minute chunks of time four days a week sorting through pictures. Can be digital, can be older prints, could be both…
- Visit the FPF message boards daily for inspiration and ideas, but limit time.
Monthly
- Scrapbook at least four layouts – Two digital (more recent events) and two paper (using older prints)…
- Make one mini album/photobook to capture moments like Christmas and vacations using PSE and Shutterfly
- Back-up all photos to two external hard drives
Yearly
- Choose a week to do a “week in the life” album
- Complete FPF
- Make a complete back-up of valuable photos (digital and prints) and store off-site at a family member’s house
- Complete my Family History Album that I have started
In My Home
- Continually update photo frames with new pictures and possibly purchase a digital frame
- Hang up favorite layouts in my scrapbooking room for inspiration
Blessings!




1 comments:
Great job on your EQ, Jess. I like your "In My Home" choices especially - I never thought to do either!
Post a Comment