My Top Five Tips for Success at Reading the Bible in 90 Days
1. Most importantly, ask for God's blessing. He is a loving Father and wants nothing more than for his children to succeed. Begin each day's reading with a prayer for guidance and understanding. When I started reading in July, I was terrified of failing since every other time I've tried to read the Bible from cover-to-cover I've never made it past Deuteronomy, but I asked God to clear my mind and help me focus on him and within a week and a half I was past that point and on my way to completing my goal.
2. Keep a journal as a record of what you read each day. I'm not saying to write a big, long journal entry each day - all I did was write the date and where I started and ended each day. This was especially helpful when I fell behind for a few days and also on days when I wanted to finish a chapter or a particular story even if the reading plan had told me to stop.
3. Tell your friends and family what you are doing - even if they are not going to be reading along with you. I told my co-workers that I had begun this and even though I had always planned to finish, it was nice to have a sort of accountability with them as I told them every week or so how far along I had read.
4. Figure out when your best time of the day is and devote that time to reading God's word. I know many people read their chapters in the morning when they wake up, but I am so not a morning person and knew that I wouldn't get anything out of reading at that time. I'm at my best around 8 p.m. so I would sit down every night at 8 and read my chapters. Having that routine schedule helped me be consistent in my reading.
5. Be prepared to make some changes to your schedule. More than likely you will have to give something up in order to accomplish your goal, even if it is just temporary. However, if you are like me you may see that what you gave up is not worth the time it was taking and the changes you make at the start of B90 days may be changes that stick well after it is over. I'll tell more about the changes I made in my life as a result of B90 days in another post.
Finally, I want to leave you with a verse that fits the B90 day challenge very well.
Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him and he will help you. ~ Psalm 37:5
Visit Amy at Mom's Toolbox for more information B90 days.
Blessings!
What I Do Before I Click “Buy”
1 year ago






2 comments:
Great tips! Thanks for sharing them!
I agree with Amy. #5 was the story of my life. But I made it. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment