
Welcome back to Day 2 of my Christmas goodies sharing. This is another one of my favorites, but I have to warn you that the ingredients are a little different that what most people expect to be in fudge. I believe my husband originally heard this recipe on tv during a Paula Deen segment, but I’m not really sure where we found it. Nonetheless, it has become a favorite over the past few years.
Cheesy Fudge
Ingredients:
2 Sticks Butter or Margarine
½ lb. Velveeta, sliced
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Cocoa
1 Bag (2 lb.) Powdered Sugar
Melt the butter and Velveeta in a medium saucepan. Once melted, remove from heat and add vanilla. In a large bowl, mix the cocoa and powdered sugar together. Stir in the butter and Velveeta mixture until all the powdered sugar is mixed in well – it will become extremely hard to stir at the end and you may need to use your hands (I recommend using a wooden spoon instead of plastic one so you are less likely to have to use your hands). Using two spoons or a cookie scoop (one of my favorite kitchen gadgets), form the fudge into balls and place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.




0 comments:
Post a Comment