Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Banana Bread

I had some bananas that needed to be used the other day so I made some banana bread for us to enjoy. This was a new recipe to me...found in a church cookbook - they always seem to have the best recipes. I modified it and cooked it without the nuts, so it was just banana bread.

Photobucket

Banana (Nut) Bread

3 Crushed Bananas
1/2 c. Butter
1 c. Sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 c. All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 c. Nuts (optional)

Place crushed bananas into blender and whip until very light. In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and eggs then add flour, salt, baking soda and nuts. Add bananas and mix. Pour into well greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

*I cooked it for about 50 minutes and it was a little well done, so next time I won't cook it as long.




0 comments:

Post a Comment