Monday, February 7, 2011

B90 Days - Esther

Reading: Esther
Really, how could I not post about the book of Esther. This book has long been one of my favorites and that only increased when I went through Beth Moore's Esther study a couple of years ago. In the middle of seemingly endless genealogies and the many mishaps of the ancient Jews, we have this story. One of hope and one where you can clearly see God's fingerprints, but one that does not mention God by name once.
My favorite verse, and one that I hear repeated so often is this: 
"And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" ~Esther 4:14b
Granted, I don't think that any of us are in a "royal position" but how often can this describe our lives. There are days when I wonder why I am in the positions I am in - family, friends, work, life in general - but I know there is a much greater story that I can't see right now and that I'm very likely in these positions for such a time as this.
Sweet blessings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment