This is my Bible. I've had this Bible for 3 or 4 years now. I bought it during one of my "must find something real" moments. I used to have a lot of those. My bookshelves are filled with Christian non-fiction and Christian self-help books. For a few years I had been struggling with my identity, struggling with my place and the bigger picture. I wanted a daily relationship with God, but where to begin?
Last January was the first time I heard about B90 Days. I was immediately intrigued, but thought it was too big a goal, to much in to short a time, so I passed it by and went on with my life. And still I searched. I bought more Christian books and left them half-finished (if that). Last summer when I heard that Amy was hosting another B90 Days study, I knew that this was what I needed. A quick way to read through the whole Bible. It was summer and since summer reruns on tv aren't that interesting, I figured then was as good a time as any. I was hooked before I reached the end of Genesis. Sure, there was a lot of reading each day, but I have always been a quick reader so in under an hour I could knock it out. I finished on Day 86 last fall.
On the first page of my Bible I wrote the Bible studies that I have used it in and the colors that I have used to highlight verses that I want to remember.
This spring I was able to read through the Bible again in 90 days and this time I volunteered to be a mentor on Mom's Toolbox. I was able to connect with the ladies in my group and cheer them on as they finished this awesome journey. This go-around I finished on Day 89, and that was literally by the grace of God. I got behind in the Old Testament and ended up reading through each of the gospels a day at a time in order to get caught back up.
My Bible is most likely to fall open to the books of Daniel or Esther (two Beth Moore studies that I've done).
One of the biggest things that B90 Days has taught me is to totally rely on God. His plan is always the best even when we don't know what is coming. I have been reminded of His unfailing love and our unmatched redemption through our Savior Jesus Christ.
Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him and he will help you. ~Psalm 37:5
Blessings!








1 comments:
Great effort to catch up on your reading, and thank you for mentoring us newbies.
Congratulations on a job well done!
Your fellow Spring '11 grad,
Shawntele
Post a Comment