Monday, January 31, 2011

B90 Days - Week 5 Check-In

So here we are…week 5 of reading through the Bible in 90 days. Has it been all that you expected? Has it been more than you were expecting?

Based on everyone’s answers the last two weeks, I get the sense that many of us are struggling to stay current on our reading. This is a big, God-sized goal of reading the entire Bible in 90 days. My struggle last fall was too many things on my plate. There were things that I would want to do, but I had to choose which ones meant the most. I could have chosen to watch tv, I could have chosen to play on the internet, I could have chosen to scrapbook, I could have chosen to read a new book, I could have chosen to edit pictures, but I chose to read my Bible.

It felt like the further along I got, the more things I wanted to do. I wanted to take an online photo-editing/digital-scrapbooking class, I wanted to finish a massive traditional scrapbook for my husband’s birthday, I wanted my house to be clean (massive fail most of the time, by-the-way).

I say all of that to say this – you may have to choose between things that you think you want to do at the time and spending time each day reading your Bible. This is only a 90 day challenge and most everything you want to do now will still be around once we’re done. 

I’ve briefly mentioned that I gave up prime-time tv after reading through the Bible last summer/fall. It was something that felt easy at the time (summer reruns) and I certainly didn’t expect it to last, but it has. I have also greatly reduced the amount of time that I spend on the internet – I check my email, a few blogs, facebook and the weather and then I turn my computer off for the night. I’ve been crafting a lot more lately, but it all comes after my Bible reading.

I want to encourage you all to make it a goal to get up-to-date with your reading this week. I know for some of you that may be easier said than done, but I promise you it can be done. I got about a week behind last fall when I was painting my kitchen and living room and I honestly thought I’d never get back up-to-date. It took some effort, but when I got caught up I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

By the end of today  we will be a THIRD of the way through. By the end of this week we will have read all the “history books” in the Old Testament and the rest of the Old Testament will be filling in missing bits and pieces of information. This is a great time to catch up…I’m praying for each of you.

Prayers and blessings friends!


0 comments:

Post a Comment