So, today is the start of the Bible in 90 Days reading group at Mom’s Toolbox.com. I first heard about B90 days when the first group of readers started last January, but at the time knew it would be impossible to finish since my husband and I were in the process of closing on our first house and were in the middle of packing and moving. Little did I know how much my life would change during the first 6 months of 2010 and that during that season of my life I would definitely not have finished as we went through some big changes during those months.
Fast-forward to July and I once again heard about B90 days on Mom’s Toolbox. I knew I wanted to do this, but I was so scared of failure. I have tried to read through the Bible beginning in January several different times and by the end of January (about the time I’d get to Leviticus and Numbers) and I would be so discouraged by reading that I’d eventually give up.
Over the course of B90 days I realized why I had always failed and it wasn’t because I don’t love to read or didn’t have enough time. I always dreaded looking at my reading plan and seeing that even though I had been in the hard books for 3 or 4 days, I still had 3 or 4 more days to go and that is one thing you don’t have to worry about with B90 Days.
Within 2 weeks of reading we will have finished the first 5 books of the Bible – definitely some of the hardest to read. Granted, the rest of the Bible is not easy reading, but when I made it through Deuteronomy I felt a sense of relief. I did fall behind at times, but I tried to catch up as quickly as I could.
This time, I am trying to remember how I felt in July. Scared, but knowing God is there and will help me through it. It would be so easy to get wrapped up in the fact that I have completed this once to help me loose focus, but I can’t wait to walk through this journey again – this time as a mentor and as Amy has worked hard to make this more of a community experience.
I’m using the same Bible this time around and have a new highlighter next to my Bible so that I can mark verses that stand out to me. Last time I used pink and green – this time I’m planning to mark in blue. I think it will be pretty cool to look back at what stood out to me then and what stands out to me now.
Blessings!





0 comments:
Post a Comment