Monday, January 17, 2011

B90 Days - Day 15

Reading: Deuteronomy 23:12-34:12
Today's reading covered the end of Moses teaching and his death. The verse that stood out to me the most today was Deuteronomy 34:5-6:
"And Moses the servant of the Lord died there in Moab, as the Lord had said. He buried him in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is."
I thought it was so interesting that God was the one who buried Moses and that none of the Israelites knew where he was buried at. God let Moses see the Promised Land from a distance and then after he died God buried him. I read in a Bible study one time (can't remember which one, but I'm guessing it was probably a Beth Moore study) that God buried Moses so that the Israelites wouldn't have his bones to worship. Given the Israelites tendency to loose track of God's plan while Moses was still alive, his bones probably would have been a source of fall for them. 
I also thought it was interesting how God told Moses that the Israelites would one day forget him and rebel. I know that in the coming days we will see many examples of their rebellion, but he always promised to be faithful to them - just as he is always faithful to us.
Blessings!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I never thought of them worshiping Moses's bones...but they probably would have!

Post a Comment