Reading: Numbers 1:1-8:26
Today's reading covered part of Numbers and it was a little hard to get through because of the repetition of the census and then the repetition of the offerings from the twelve tribes. The first thing that stood out to me was the sheer number of the Israelites - The census is Numbers 1 says that there was 603,350 Israelite men who were twenty years old or more and that didn't include the women and children - I can't imagine. As someone said on twitter - that's like moving a whole city.
I also loved the priestly blessing in Numbers 6:24-26:
"The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."
Blessings!





1 comments:
I've found Number hard...that's probably why I'm behind:) I'm not planning on giving up, I just need to catch up. I love that blessing...it's how our pastor blesses us at the end of every service. I never get tired of hearing it!
Post a Comment