Reading: 1 Chronicles 2:9-50, 4:1-23, 1 Samuel 1:1-12:15
(Reading Plan Days: April 8-11)
Verses that stood out:
1 Chronicles 4:10 (The Prayer of Jabez)
He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do and keep me from all trouble and pain!" And God granted him his request.
1 Samuel 1:27
I asked the Lord to give me this boy, and he has granted my request.
Both of these verses stood out to me tonight. I remember when I was in high school, there was a book that came out on the Prayer of Jabez and it was the first time I'd ever heard it. It's tucked into a section of genealogy and would be easy to overlook, but how awesome is that prayer? Is there anything we can ask of the Lord that is any easier - To bless us and expand our territory, to keep us from trouble? Lord, let that be my constant prayer!
The verse in 1 Samuel is one that I see almost daily on different blogs that I read. Hannah's faith was so great that even the priest was compelled to act on her behalf before the Lord. I wonder if I would have her faith in following through with her promise to give her child to the Lord's service - could I have left my child to only see them once a year at the temple? To only have that kind of faith - but the Lord remembered her faithfulness after her dedication of Samuel, verse 21 says that the Lord gave Hannah three sons and two daughters.
Blessings!
What I Do Before I Click “Buy”
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment