Reading:
2 Samuel 2:1-3:5, 1 Chronicles 3:1-4a, 2 Samuel 23:8-17, 1 Chronicles 11:10-19, 2 Samuel 23:18-39, 1 Chronicles 11:20-47, 2 Samuel 3:6-5:3, 1 Chronicles 11:1-3, 1 Chronicles 12:23-40, 2 Samuel 5:1-25, 1 Chronicles 14:8-17, 2 Samuel 5:6-10, 1 Chronicles 11:4-9, 1 Chronicles 3:4b, 2 Samuel 5:13, 2 Samuel 5:4-5, 2 Samuel 5:11-12, 1 Chronicles 14:1-2, 1 Chronicles 13:1-5, 2 Samuel 6:1-11, 1 Chronicles 13:6-14
(Reading Plan Days: April 20-22)
Verses that stood out:
2 Samuel 6:5
David and all the people of Israel were celebrating before the Lord, singing songs and playing all kinds of musical instruments-lyres, harps, tambourines, castanets, and cymbals.
I'm a musician - have been since I was a little girl - and everything I read about music in the Bible just makes me go, yep-I get that. This verse occurs when David and the Israelites were bringing the Ark of God back to Jerusalem. There was so much rejoicing, so much happiness. I can see it my mind's eye - everyone dancing, singing and playing as much music as possible, as loudly as possible. It's such a happy time when we praise the Lord - can't we do that more? Take the time to praise His name-both inwardly and outwardly-today.
Blessings
What I Do Before I Click “Buy”
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment