Reading:
1 Chronicles 20:1, 2 Samuel 11:1-12:14, Psalm 51, 2 Samuel 12:15-25, 1 Samuel 5:14-16, 1 Chronicles 14:3-7, 1 Chronicles 3:5-9, 2 Samuel 12:26-31, 1 Chronicles 20:2-3, 2 Samuel 13:1-17:29, Psalm 3, Psalm 63, 2 Samuel 18:1-19:30
(Reading Plan Days: April 26-29)
Verses that stood out:
2 Samuel 15:23
But why should I fast when he is dead? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him one day, but he cannot return to me.
I noted this verse today, but it was really more about the stories that were told than the verses that stood out to me. Today's reading covers some of the more well known stories of King David's reign - such as David and Bathsheba, more of David's military victories and the stories involving his son Absalom. One thing that struck me throughout the B90 challenge was how many of these stories I remember from Sunday school as a little girl. Most of the stories from today are not what I would call "kid-friendly" yet I remember the bare bones of these stories from growing up. The verse in 2 Samuel that I noted above was part of the story of David and Bathsheba from when their son died as punishment for their adultery. I thought this verse was interesting and could be applied in situations other than the death of a child as well. For David, his hope was that God would change his mind and allow the child to live and punish him (David) another way. Sometimes we have dreams that don't work out, but once it has passed there is no need to dwell on it, remember the lesson you have learned, but move on to other (and oftentimes better) things. God is faithful!
Blessings!
What I Do Before I Click “Buy”
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment