Reading:
2 Samuel 19:31-20:26, Psalm 7, 2 Samuel 21:1-22, 1 Chronicles 20:4-8, 2 Samuel 22:1-51, Psalm 18, 2 Samuel 24:1-9, 1 Chronicles 21:1-6, 2 Samuel 24:10-17, 1 Chronicles 21:7-17, 2 Samuel 24:18-25, 1 Chronicles 21:18-25:31
(Reading Plan Days: April 30-May 3)
Verses that stood out:
2 Samuel 22:4
I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies.
2 Samuel 22:31
God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
2 Samuel 22:47
The Lord lives! Praise to my Rock! May God, the Rock of my salvation, be exalted!
All three of these verses are from the same chapter in 2 Samuel that is subtitled "David's Song of Praise" in my Bible, interestingly enough this same song is also Psalm 18. Verse 4 and verse 47 are parts of one of my favorite "in-the-round" songs - I Will Call Upon the Lord. I have many fond memories of church camp and singing this song boys against girls. When I read through scriptures - particularly the Psalms - and see words I recognize from songs I hear daily or have heard before I immediately start singing along.
I noted verse 31 because it is such a good reminder and something I need to be reminded of daily. God's way is perfect - it doesn't matter what I think is right or wrong, because He knows exactly what I need. His promises are neverending and always prove true - no matter how hard things may seem, God is always in control!
Blessings!
What I Do Before I Click “Buy”
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment