Reading:
1 Chronicles 29:23-25, 2 Chronicles 1:1, 2 Kings 2:13-3:4, 2 Chronicles 1:2-6, 1 Kings 3:5-15, 2 Chronicles 1:7-13, 1 Kings 3:16-28, 1 Kings 5:1-18, 2 Chronicles 2:1-18, 1 Kings 6:1-13, 2 Chronicles 3:1-14, 1 Kings 6:14-38, 1 Kings 7:1-51, 2 Chronicles 3:15-4:22
(Reading Plan Days May 20-22)
Verses/Stories that stood out:
1 Kings 3:16-28
Since today is a story instead of a verse, I have linked to the story on Bible Gateway. The story I referenced above about two mothers - one whose baby has died and the other whose baby is still alive - is a another story that I remember from Sunday school and one that I can't believe was told to little children. This story shows the great wisdom of Solomon as a ruler after he had asked for God to grant him wisdom instead of fame, wealth or long life. I know that I can definitely use more wisdom, but if I was in Solomon's position as king I can't say that is the first thing I would have asked for. As a young man, Solomon knew that he needed wisdom more than anything else in order to succeed in life. We also need wisdom in order to show God's light in our world and as we live out our lives. May we also ask for God to grant us wisdom!
Blessings!
What I Do Before I Click “Buy”
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment