Reading:
Psalm 39-41, 53, 55, 58, 61-62, 64-70, 86, 101
(Reading Plan Days: May 11-13)
Verses that stood out:
Psalm 62:8
Oh my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.
Another long session of Psalms...another couple of days to go through the many Psalms David wrote that don't give any indication of when they were written. This verse stood out to me today because I don't always pray in the "right" way - I don't start out with "Father, thank you for this very day, thank you for the birds in the trees and the clouds in the sky, etc, etc..." Most of my prayer time with God is exactly what this verse describes - I pour my heart out. I talk to him. It isn't that he is some big, faraway God who doesn't care - he does. I read somewhere that saying "amen" sometimes feels like hanging up the phone, and I don't always hang up the "phone" either. I leave the line open for moments when I just need to seek refuge in the Father who created me, who knows my story before I do. May this be encouragement today!
Blessings!
What I Do Before I Click “Buy”
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment